Sunday, October 28, 2012

I Am an A**hole and Other Interesting Insights


After Vito Corleone dies Michael Corleone became the Don of the whole Corleone Crime Family. It was a responsibility he did not relish. He fought it for as long as he could, but in the end he accepted his fate without regret, except for the murder of his brother Fredo, which he would never forgive himself for. Sometimes we are assholes. 

The unfortunate part for me is that Michael Corleone is fictional, and even as a fictitious character his fate was forced upon him. Me? The Queenpin? I did this to myself. I'm an asshole and it's no one's fault but mine.

Today I look up studies that scientifically supported what I want to say, but most of them I found didn't quite summarize what I have heard from most of my women friends: Women want a man who is smart, kind, funny, and not afraid to commit. Women want men who are who they say they are and accept the women they're with for who they are. In the end, especially once a woman is past 30, the nice guy wins.

Except with me, because I got what all women want, and then I pushed him away, told him I'd never be that into him. I wrote a careless blog post about it. Then woke up with a horrible case of regret. Regret is a sharp, sharp knife that has stabbed me ever since. 

I killed Fredo.  What an asshole. 



No comments:

Post a Comment