Saturday, April 2, 2011

In The Middle of the Night

In the middle of the night with a sick child is the loneliest the Queenpin gets. Because she is powerless. She is helpless. She is scared and her sweet baby is suffering.

Curled up with my boy last night as his fever reached over 103 I ran through all the horrible senarios that can happen to a sick kid and I had no one to talk me down. So I prayed. Om Tara, Tu Tara, Ture Soha I chanted as I imagined Mother Tara's luscious green Buddha body cradling my child. Om Tara, Tu Tara, Ture Soha and I forgot that I had no one to run out and get him a Sprite. Om Tara, Tu Tara, Ture Soha and I stopped thinking about the horror stories burned into every mama's mind full of what if's. Om Tara, Tu Tara, Ture Soha and I woke up to another day where it's okay that I'm the lone adult in this house.

Om Tara, Tu Tara, Ture Soha. Thank you Mother Tara for the peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment